Are your doors or windows not shutting properly? Do you find random cracks on the walls or your floor tiles? Do patches of your wooden floor look rotten? These might be signs that your pier and beam foundation needs repair due to sinking, or worse, falling apart.
Your house is often your most expensive investment, and protecting this asset is crucial. A house’s foundation is the most important part of the entire structure. The entire house can become compromised if the pier and beam foundation is failing.
Get Your Pier and Beam Foundation Repaired By San Antonio Professionals
Welcome to the website of A-Best Foundation Repair of San Antonio, TX. Our foundation repair company has been operating in Texas for over thirty years, and we have experienced contractors who can not only help fix your foundation issues but also help you spot the source of the problem when you can’t.
We provide all types of quality foundation repair services, including fixing cracks, correcting block and base issues, and house leveling.
Why the Need for Pier and Beam Foundation Repair?
Unlike concrete slab foundations, pier and beam foundations make your homes less prone to heavy storms, floods, and plumbing problems.
A well-maintained pier and beam foundation can last for 75 years! The main culprit behind the need for pier and beam foundation issues is climate.
San Antonio has humid Summer weather and sees a fair share of storms. While floods are not frequent, heavy rainfall and poor drainage in the clay-based soil can cause excess water, shifting the soil underneath the foundation. In such cases, faulty or damaged foundations can cause the entire house to sag or collapse.
How to Spot Pier and Beam Foundation Damage
If you have a pier and beam foundation, it can be difficult to spot the problem. However, you must catch the signs early to avoid being stuck with an expensive issue. Here are a few key signs you shouldn’t miss.
- Doors Get Jammed or Don’t Latch Properly: If your doors do not latch properly or tend to get stuck, it can be a foundation problem.
- Windows Don’t Open or Close Like Before: If one fine day your windows that used to open and close like butter start getting stuck or don’t shut well, it can be a pier and beam foundation problem.
- Cracks on Walls or Floors: If you notice visible cracks on the walls or floors of your house, that can also be a major sign that the foundation is faulty.
- Uneven Floors: Ever noticed a ball rolling down to a particular side of the room? This can be a sign of foundation damage. If your floor looks visibly uneven, you should definitely get it checked.
- Creaky Floorboards: If your floorboards are creaky or loose, it is often a sign of a foundation problem. A place where the floor is sagging can show you where you need pier and beam foundation repair.
- Mildew and Mold in Crawl Spaces: A build-up of excess moisture in the crawl spaces can cause mold. If your house has a mildew odor or noticeable damp spots on the floor, this can be a problem with the pier and beam foundation.
Do not hesitate to call us if you see any of these signs!
Ignoring a pier and beam foundation problem will make it worse. What could have been solved with a bit of repair from natural settling can cause your entire house to experience costly damages.
Don’t DIY Pier and Beam Foundation Repair
Unless you are a professional contractor or structural engineer who has handled many pier and beam foundation repair jobs, you should not try to fix it on your own. It can lead to more damage when homeowners attempt to deal with foundation problems. Trust seasoned professionals like A Best who has tackled hundreds of pier and beam foundation repairs in San Antonio.
If you are uncertain about how much damage your pier and beam foundation has suffered, call us for a free inspection. Our expert technicians can give a proper idea of how much repair your foundation needs.
What is the Cost of Pier and Beam Foundation Repair?
Depending on the depth of damage, a total foundation repair job can cost anything from $500 to $30,000. This is a huge range, but it depends widely on what is causing the problem. The foundation of each house comes with varying complexity.
Pier and beam foundations with an easily accessible crawl space and easier repair will close less money to repair, while more complex work costs more. Once you get a FREE inspection from our technicians, we will tell you exactly how much it will cost to repair your foundation.
Call us and get a quote today!
San Antonio Pier and Beam Foundation Repair FAQs
How much is foundation repair in San Antonio, Texas?
The average cost of the pier and beam foundation repair in San Antonio is between $11,000 and $12,000.
How Much Does House Leveling Cost in San Antonio?
A general house leveling project in San Antonio costs around $4000 to $5000 dollars, but this depends widely on the problem and required solution.
How to Choose the Best Pier and Beam Foundation Specialist?
Try to choose a specialist who has a good track record of doing pier and beam foundation work. Asking about their prior experience can help you understand the depth of their expertise.
Do You Need to Acquire a Foundation Repair Permit in San Antonio?
Yes, you need a foundation repair permit to do any extensive repairs to your house’s foundation. However, this is something your contractor will do. They will need to submit an engineer’s report and the Foundation Repair Permit Application to get the permit.